Mauritius is a breathtakingly beautiful destination, boasting stunning beaches, lush tropical forests, and vibrant culture. With its picturesque scenery, vibrant culture and year-round warm climate, Mauritius is the perfect holiday destination.
Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway, a family holiday, or a fun-filled adventure, Mauritius has something for everyone. Here are the top ten places to visit in Mauritius:
1. Grand Baie: Grand Baie is a popular beach resort in the north of Mauritius. It is a great spot for swimming, snorkeling and other water sports. Grand Baie is also the main hub for nightlife, with a variety of clubs, restaurants, and bars to explore.
2. Port Louis: The capital of Mauritius, Port Louis is a bustling city with a vibrant atmosphere. It is home to a variety of historic buildings, monuments, and markets. From here, visitors can explore the nearby La Ciotat market, which is full of delicious local produce.
3. Black River Gorges National Park: This is the island’s largest national park, home to a variety of native species including the Mauritius kestrel, the pink pigeon, and the Mauritius fruit bat. There are plenty of hiking trails to explore, as well as waterfalls, rivers and lush vegetation.
4. Blue Bay Marine Park: This marine park is a great spot for snorkeling, swimming and exploring the underwater world. There are also plenty of opportunities to spot dolphins and turtles.
5. Flic en Flac: This beach resort is a great spot for sunbathing, swimming and snorkeling. There are also plenty of restaurants and bars to explore.
6. Chamarel: This small village is home to some of Mauritius’ most spectacular scenery. There is a waterfall, volcanic rock formations, and stunning views of the island.
7. Ile aux Cerfs: This is a small island off the coast of Mauritius, known for its stunning beaches, clear waters and luxury resorts.
8. Le Morne Brabant: This imposing mountain is home to a number of spectacular views, with the nearby Black River Gorges National Park also offering plenty of hiking opportunities.
9. Pamplemousses Botanical Garden: This garden is home to an impressive collection of tropical plants, trees and flowers. It is also home to giant water lilies and a tortoise park.
10. Trou aux Cerfs: This is an extinct volcano and the highest point on the island. It offers stunning views of the surrounding area. Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway, a family holiday, or an adventure-filled holiday, Mauritius has something for everyone. With its stunning beaches, lush forests, and vibrant culture, this is one of the most beautiful holiday destinations in the world.